'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom's global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
Within the Core Maps Group, you'll have the opportunity to develop systems and tools that are used in map production across the globe. You'll be part of a highly motivated team of engineers working in a fast paced environment. You'll be developing state of the art mapping algorithms using latest technologies and tools to solve complex problems. You'll design, develop and maintain software components for scalable systems that support highly visible production processes, and mentor other team members with these tasks as well.
In this role you will:
- Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it.
- Execute the quality guidelines and deliver high quality tools with regards to SW layout, performance, output, stability, and usability.
- Apply agile techniques to deliver high quality software.
- Execute/follow-up on test plan of the delivered software.
- Perform follow-up on validation efforts for the development software.
- Steer the architecture of the system together with the analysis team.
- Provide input on future tool adaptations and applied design.
- Provide support on developed tools towards our customers.
- Advise in the creation of software design and perform follow up of other software development and test tasks within experience scope.
- Support developed software within appropriate knowledge domain
- Track the technical trends in the market in his/her domain and report about these issues within the department. Define and propose projects and actions to stay in tune with the latest beneficial technology/techniques/methods related to the activity of TomTom processes
- Fine tune requirement understanding with internal customers on national and international level.
- Produce technical documentation and communicate technical and functional possibilities and limitations with process engineering.
- Report on project status and take actions to finish the project within the time, quality and content definition and requirements in co-agreement with the software coordinator.
- Review quality-testing issues to guarantee quality and result of the project
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Software Engineer, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
BS in Computer Science or related degree. Some industry preferred but not required. Knows different types of architecture and standard components; ability to advise and convince; ability to analyze complex problems and design maintainable and inexpensive solutions; demonstrate a positive attitude, promoting communication, cooperation, and teamwork; proven ability to produce solid software; ability to learn new techniques and technology as required; is quality driven.
Experience and working knowledge of the following is a must:
- SQL/Database knowledge
Experience and working knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Spring Framework
- Web Services
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
- The opportunity to work for a company where you can really make things happen
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus or commission scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry leading location based products.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 46 countries.
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers and submit your resume.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top