Software Development Project Management Internship
This internship provides the opportunity to gain practical experience by taking on day-to-day project administrative tasks in support of a software development program. These tasks will include: general project management support, time and progress reporting, business reporting, organizing and facilitating meetings, content management etc. The intern is expected to simplify these tasks where possible while continuously looking to improve the efficiency of our day to day operations.
Furthermore, the applicant is provided the opportunity to set up an independent study or project which could potentially be combined with a master/bachelor thesis. The topic of this study will be defined with a dedicated coach and should suite both the needs of TomTom as well as any requirements set by the applicant. Potential topics of this study could be: Case study on operational metrics and KPI's such as throughput and time-to-market, the impacts of agile methodologies on software development, Impact of roll out of Agile tooling across the organisation etc.
- You are in the process of obtaining a higher education degree (HBO or WO) in the field of (Technical) Business Administration or IT / Computer Science with a focus on Project management
- You are available for a minimum of 6 months;
- You are fluent in English
- You have excellent MS office skills (Excel) and preferable have some basic programming/scripting skills
- You have a basic understanding of Product Lifecycle Management methodologies such as: Lean manufacturing, Operational excellence, Flow etc.
- You have a basic understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum.
- You have the ability to work independently, but are also a strong team player.
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent organizational skills
- You should be enrolled as fulltime student for the complete duration of the internship
What do we offer?
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of Software Development;
- The opportunity to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
- 500 Euros (Gross based on full time work);
- A minimum of 6 months internship contract;
- The exciting opportunity to be part of our internship program Interns on Track
Business Unit / Department:
TomTom is the world's leading provider of location and navigation solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands we employ over 3000 employees worldwide. More than 40 million people daily use our solutions, be it in the form of dedicated portable navigation devices (PNDs), in-dash car systems or tracking and tracing solutions for fleet management. In addition, hundreds of millions of people use our digital maps and dynamic location content on the internet or mobile phone.
Our working environment is an innovative, fun and dynamic one, full of agile; relentlessly customer focused self starters and entrepreneurs.
Our core values; open spirit, passion for results, innovative thinking and customer driven remain at the roots of how we work and we cherish our pioneering spirit.
If you would like to be part of this winning team and would like to help us further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply through the apply button below. We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top