Software Developer C++ (Computer Graphics and Map Visualisation)
Do you want to work on the best possible 3D maps experience for 800 million users?
Our (scrum) team is working in close contact with the design team to produce software that is beautiful to look at, feels smooth and has great ease of use. And we are expanding this team to work on our map visualisation component.
We deliver our component on numerous platforms, ranging from mobile devices (Android, iOS and various automotive platforms), to the desktop and the browser. When working with us you get to work on the rendering of the map but you will also get introduced to other parts of our navigation software to work on the services that provide the roads, traffic, routes, etc. to the renderer.
Taste your challenge…
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
- You like to work on the line between the user interface and the code and you appreciate the beauty of both. You have a good sense of the product and the means to interpret an interaction design and map it to changes in the modules of the software.
- Constantly grow, led by your curiosity to grab the many development opportunities at TomTom and stay up to speed with the latest tools and techniques in an ever-changing technological landscape.
What you can expect from us
- We like to have fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with. And working on the 26th floor, we have a fantastic view over Berlin.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom's founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- We decide, act and follow things through – fast. It's in our hearts to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't slow the company down with too many layers of decision-making. We make things happen. Quickly.
- We never get bored. We feel like a "start-up", but have the resources and benefits of a billion euro company.
What we expect from you
A great C++ Software Engineer at TomTom can't be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- A wizard in C++ software development for embedded devices with strict power and memory constraints as well as server-based solutions.
- Amazing expertise in designing and developing visual simulations of complex data structures.
- You know about at least one of the following computer graphics fields: OpenGL / GLES 2.0, STL, Boost, DEM, BDAM.
- Experience with test-driven development i.e. GTest / GMock,
- Knowledge of iOS / Android development tools is a plus.
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English. To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Jacco Valkenburg on +31 6 28257098.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top