Software Architect (JAVA)
Our team achieves more. So can you. We have been in the mapping and navigation world since the beginning. We are a market leader and we are not slowing down!
- Are you looking for exciting and challenging projects?
- You want to make a difference each day at work?
- Are you keen to work with passionate people who appreciate your hard work and work together to deliver quality products?
- You want to see the impact of your work?
Make the change possible! Apply for a role in Content Production Platform's Application Team. We are currently looking for the best and brightest minds in engineering who will design and build scalable map editing platforms in a highly innovative environment.
You can join us and help with the following:
- Consuming and processing petabytes of data and real world changes
- Build scalable system as the biggest players on the market
- Cloud computing and hosting of web based technical solutions
- Solve engineering and business problems
- Working with 100 developers on the same codebase
- Help our company become the global mapping leader worldwide
Watch this video to check the opportunity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPBILJWVaN4
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Make high-level design choices to build compelling new features within TomTom's content production platform;
- Work on next gen technologies: building new user functionalities using the latest standards;
- Develop high-quality cross-platform software to be used across the company's products;
- Ensure top-notch code quality advocating agile principles to create and maintain a self-driven team.
What we expect from you
- Strong background in software development with predominantly Java;
- Experience in architecturing designs and getting them developed / deployed
- Ability to think out of the box and bring new ideas to the table;
- Updated about the latest trends and development including CI/CD, test automation, cloud deployment, automated pipelines
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in applying software engineering methods such as: Agile and Scrum techniques, tools, languages, and standards
- MSc or PhD degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Challenging role in an open, innovative and international culture
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Market rate salary, bonuses and benefits such as: private medical care, benefit card, lunch card, up to 50% discount on our products
- Direct influence on realization of the projects
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Lodz. A pretty cool city to live and work!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
Your recruiter working on that vacancy is: Mariola Kluczewska-Baran.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top