Senior Software Engineer - Java
Our team achieves more. So can you.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic and fast moving team? NDS as a map data standard for navigation applications is an emerging technology that attracts growing attention with internal as well as external customers. It has the potential to become an industry standard with regard to in-car navigation maps as well as for future applications.
We are looking for best talents in Java software engineering domain to join the NDS team responsible for creating navigation map formats.
At present, our team has approximately 70 team members in total located in Harsum, Lodz, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Taipei.
How about - Want to code the future?
Pretty big thinking. We like to think we make that happen.
We are looking for product-aware engineers who have a passion for building software that drive the future of navigation and beyond. Designing and developing the best possible products is in our DNA.
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
- Create compiler software to transform the TT map database into an NDS map
- Write and perform tests on your software components
- Provide support to internal and external customers on your software components.
- Contribute to the software architecture and design.
What we expect from you:
- University degree in informatics, geo-informatics or related
- In depth java know how
- Quality driven development (unit testing (JUnit, continuous integration)
- Experience with relational databases, SQL programming and related java frameworks (e.g. hibernate, JDBC)
- Comfortable developing on Windows and Linux platforms
- 3-5 years of experience as a software developer.
What you can expect from us:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreunerialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply on tomtom.com/careers
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top