Senior Software Engineer C++ (with Algorithm Skills)
What about making a difference with your own ideas for features and improvements, getting a top place on the backlog?
We like to think big at TomTom. We are looking for bright, curious minds in software development to join one of the six scrum teams developing TomTom's navigation engine, NavKit, written in C++ with highly optimised algorithms to compute the quickest route to any destination, on any device.
We are outperforming in both Telematics and Licensing, partnering with the likes of Apple, Uber, and Mozilla to bring our maps and online navigation information to more smartphones and driver applications. As we are ushering into the (highly) automated driving, the TomTom NavKit is not only improving human-machine interaction, but will also guide the autonomous cars of the future. Please see this video for more information.
Taste your challenge…
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
- Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in C++.
- Extend, improve and integrate algorithms in TomTom products for server-based solutions and mobile devices.
- Constantly grow, led by your curiosity to grab the many development opportunities at TomTom and stay up to speed with the latest tools and techniques in an ever-changing technological landscape.
What you can expect from us
- We like to have fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with. And working on the 26th floor, we have a fantastic view over Berlin.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom's founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- We decide, act and follow things through – fast. It's in our hearts to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't slow the company down with too many layers of decision-making. We make things happen. Quickly.
- We never get bored. We feel like a "start-up", but have the resources and benefits of a billion euro company.
What we expect from you?
A great C++ Software Engineer at TomTom can't be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Your C++ programming skills and engineering know-how are impressive (typically more than 8 years' experience).
- You have the skills and desire to build and improve complex algorithms.
- You love working as part of a self-organising Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- Your knowledge is backed by a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience. However, if you're talented, degrees aren't everything.
Note: we offer international relocation package and professional support (if applicable).
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English. To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Jacco Valkenburg on +31 6 28257098.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top