Senior Sales Engineer - Telematics
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest minds to join our Business Development / Connected Car team within our Telematics Unit. The experience and future opportunities will include:
- Assist the TomTom Telematics Business Development / Connected Car team in Benelux in achieving its business targets at 100%+level, through pre- and post- sales support;
- Provide local and detailed technical expertise relating to TomTom Telematics products and future innovations;
- Support Connected Car sales pilots and trials, integration requirements and data analysis;
- Handle customer queries during the sales stage, solution & design preparation based on customers' requirements, guidance at customer product evaluations, contributing to workshops and answering RFI/RFQ/RFP;
- Perform technical product presentation together with the Business Development Managers;
- Manage and support product implementation and customer roll-out in planning and execution;
- Provide product training externally to clients as well as internally to our team members;
- Align with Product Management for product implementation, configuration and roadmap;
- Develop relationships to software partners and system integrators;
- Have in-depth knowledge of our current and upcoming products and systems.
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Sales Engineer at TomTom. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- A passion for technical products (preferred experience in Telematics);
- A proven background in software and hardware support;
- A positive and pro-active attitude towards tackling and resolving issues;
- Experience of managing large customer projects from pre-sales to implementation;
- A team player with a positive attitude;
- Business fluent in English and Dutch;
- The ability and experience to implement and deliver both classroom and remote training.
What you can expect:
- An adventure in the cutting-edge SaaS solutions and IT, connected car and B2B market;
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international team, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company;
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no point coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with;
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen quickly;
- Flexible benefits, 25 annual leave days, flexible holiday plan, collective health insurance, pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme.
Who are we?
TomTom Telematics is a Business Unit of TomTom dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. WEBFLEET is a Software-as-a-Service solution, used by small to large businesses to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, TomTom Telematics provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address businesses as well as consumers.
TomTom Telematics is one of the world's leading telematics solution providers with more than 763,000 subscriptions worldwide. The company services drivers in more than 60 countries, giving them the industry's strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third party applications and integrations. More than 48,000 customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2016.
For further information, please visit tomtom.com/telematics.
Follow us on Twitter @TomTomWEBFLEET
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top