Senior Sales Engineer, Maps/Traffic/Location Based Services - Lebanon, NH
The TomTom Maps Business Unit leverages TomTom's wealth of location assets in order to deliver maps & traffic content, services and software components to B2B customers globally - ranging from mobile device manufacturers and mobile operating system vendors; application developers; Internet-Of-Things (IoT), big data, analytics and connected systems companies; software vendors & service providers (such as ERP and CRM); integrators; enterprises (such as insurance, retail, logistics) and authorities (such as local government, state government and road authorities).
Every day, companies like Apple, Uber, SAP and millions of their users rely on TomTom products and services to make smarter decisions. These products include global digital map data with multiple layers of rich content; traffic data that is updated and enriched continuously by hundreds of millions of connected devices; cloud-based API services that facilitate developers to integrate location based services in their products.
→ Do you like a challenge? Would you like to be the main TomTom technical contact for such customers and build out a strong relationship with them?
Every day, we are discussing with companies their challenges and help them find solutions using TomTom products and services.
→ Can you think "with" the customer? Do you like to be part of a fast moving ecosystem, meet with these customers and be the technical expert in these discussions?
Then read on!
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer to join our TomTom Maps Team in Lebanon, NH.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the prime technical interface between our B2B customers and the TomTom Maps Business Unit
- Building a strong relationship with the product management and development teams at the customer, and managing technical support & training
- Performing technical & functional product-fit analysis and guiding the customer to the proper products and services, while also identifying product gaps and feature enhancements to increase TomTom's value to the customer
- Representing the customer in the TomTom product units, such that the customer's requirements and needs are getting addressed; following up on projects, operational activities and delivery schedules that are critical to the customer
- Working closely with Account Managers in winning and supporting business
- Assisting in creating and delivering customized data products
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the TomTom Maps Account Managers, Product & Program Managers and other Sales Engineers to promote TomTom's content products & software services, mainly at large corporate companies
- Be involved in discussions with customers and prospects to understand their challenges and help determine which TomTom products and services can provide them a solution
- Get the opportunity to get an in-depth understanding of a broad range of TomTom products and services; participate in roadmap and product reviews and provide the customer perspective
- Investigate sales opportunities from a technical and functional point of view, create compelling customer value add presentations and present to the customer's decision makers
- Provide technical support to prospects' and customers' development teams with an ability to develop long term relationships
- Understand and anticipate customers' needs and challenges; and articulate business value at all levels, both internally & externally
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Senior Sales Engineer, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or proven track record of equivalent technical experience
- Ability to combine technical expertise with good communication skills, excellent presentation and consultative selling skills
- Experience in technical pre-sales of complex solutions, customer support and/or project management preferably in one of the following software technology areas: location based services or GIS, Traffic, IoT, Analytics, Information Technologies (IT)
- Experience with API's
- Dynamic, outgoing, pro-active, results oriented, autonomous, hands-on, creative thinking, highly motivated professional with a can-do attitude, comfortable working in a changing environment
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (10 to 20 %) – primarily in North America
- Willingness to learn our products (Maps, Traffic, Online services, SDKs, …)
- Savvy user of Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, …)
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work for a world class brand where individuals do make a difference; in an office that has established itself as a center of expertise in the global TomTom map making organization.
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
- Training and continuous education
- As part of your onboarding, you will get product training which will partially take place in Europe (Amsterdam NLD and Ghent BE)
- After that, product training is offered on a frequent basis as products evolve and new products are launched
- A fun and open company culture that encourages creativity and promotes from within
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus plan, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k
Who are we?
At TomTom our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can benefit from it. We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and TomTom Maps.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency while increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,400 employees worldwide and sell our products in 48 countries.
If you would like to be part of this winning international team and help TomTom further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply at: www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top