Senior Sales Engineer - Maps/LBS
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom’s global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
The TomTom Maps Business Unit leverages TomTom’s wealth of location assets in order to deliver maps & traffic content and software services globally to customers ranging from mobile device manufacturers, mobile operating system vendors, application developers, wearables manufacturers and Internet-Of-Things (IoT) companies.
Every day, companies like Apple, Uber, Intel & MapQuest and millions of their users rely on TomTom products and services to make smarter decisions.
- Do you like a challenge? Would you like to be the main TomTom technical contact for such customers and build out a strong relationship with them?
- Every day, we are discussing with companies their challenges and help them find solutions using TomTom products and services.
- Can you think “with” the customer? Do you like to be part of a fast moving ecosystem, do some travel and be the technical expert in these discussions and help us win new business?
Then read on!
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for a Sr. Sales Engineer with a good understanding of Location Based Services and/or Maps to join our TomTom Maps Team in San Jose, CA.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Account Managers in winning new business in North America
- Performing technical & functional product-fit analysis and taking the lead in technical pre-sales activities
- Managing the project internally and provide technical support during the evaluation and implementation phase
- Building a strong relationship with the development teams at the customer
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the TomTom Maps Account Managers, Product & Program Managers and other Sales Engineers/Technical Customer Managers to promote TomTom's content products & software services, mainly at large corporate and high profile companies
- Get the opportunity to know a broad range of TomTom products and services
- Be involved in in-depth discussions with customers and prospects to understand their challenges and help determine which TomTom products and services can provide them a solution
- Investigate sales opportunities from a technical and functional point of view, create compelling customer value add presentations and present to the customer’s decision makers
- Regularly compare our product & service offering with that of competitors to identify/highlight USPs
- Provide technical support to prospects’ and customers’ development teams with an ability to develop long term relationships
- Understand and anticipate customers’ needs and challenges; and articulate business value at all levels, both internally & externally
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Sr. Sales Engineer, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Proven track record in technical pre-sales of complex solutions, customer support and project management for high profile customers in one of the following areas: location based services, telecommunications, mobile, system integration, IT consulting or
- Ability to combine technical expertise with good communication skills, excellent presentation and consultative selling skills to convince decision makers at senior management level
- Dynamic, outgoing, pro-active, results oriented, autonomous, highly motivated professional with a can-do attitude, comfortable working in a changing environment
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (10 to 20 %)
- Willingness to learn our products (LBS, maps, traffic, …)
- 5+ years of experience in pre-sales, project management and support of complex products, services & solutions
- Hands-on experience with LBS API’s & SDK’s and/or hands-on experience with Maps (Shape, GDF) & relational databases
- Willingness to learn
Nice to have:
What do we offer?
The Opportunity to work for a world class brand where you can really make things happen
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus plan, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k
Who are we?
At TomTom our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can benefit from it. We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and TomTom Maps.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency while increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,400 employees worldwide and sell our products in 48 countries.
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or send your resume directly to: [email protected]
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Partnership Marketing Manager
Brenna works on the Marketing Team to spread the TomTom brand—and innovative consumer electronics—far and wide, through partnerships with established organizations and online influencers.
Back to top