Senior / Principal Software Architect
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
- Have you ever designed complex distributed systems?
- Have you had the opportunity to design a complex data model and work with a system that processes 15 terabytes of data per week?
- Scalable architecture with thousands instances looks familiar to you?
- Do you want to have influence on cloud computing solutions comparable to the largest companies in the world?
We are looking for product-aware architects who have a passion for designing the software foundations that drive the future of maps and beyond. Designing and developing the best possible products is what we want to be known for!
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Make the high-level design choices to build best map-making platform in the world!
- Work on software products used by the biggest companies in the world
- Design product used by hundreds software engineers
- Boost software quality by advocating agile, empowered and self-driven teams
What we expect from you
- Strong background in software development with predominantly object oriented languages
- Passion for architecture while still being able to write and optimize code
- Experience in designing architecture of large scale systems or systems with computational complexity
- Ability to think out of the box and bring new ideas to the table
- Up to date with the latest trends and development tools
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to work in DevOps culture where software is deployed every day or even every hour
- Experience in working in Agile, Scrum, Kanban methodologies
What you can expect from us
- You will be working in the teams that directly manage their own products
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is appreciated
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly
- Fast and enjoyable recruitment process is our advantage – apply and test us!
Do you want to meet them?
Krzysztof Śmiechowicz – Director Software Engineering in core platform group
Wojciech Nowak – Principal Architect at Tom Tom Lodz
Kosma Fuławka – Senior Manager Software Engineering at Tom Tom Lodz
Piotr Wilmański – Manager Engineering at Tom Tom Lodz
Maciej Dobecki – Manager Enineering at Tom Tom Lodz
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please check in via www.tomtom.com/careers or contact Mariola Kluczewska-Baran.
Online technical assessments and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top