Senior Manager/Director Business Development Autonomous Driving
Senior Manager/Director of Business Development, Autonomous Driving – Detroit
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom delivers highly accurate maps of the world. For this we rely on intelligent mapmaking; TomTom invented and perfected a highly efficient hybrid approach that combines professional mapmaking methods with crowdsourced input from map users, resulting in a map that is highly accurate and current. This is proven time and again as TomTom maps are chosen to power industry leading brands like Apple, Uber and Volvo cars.
Product Unit Autonomous Driving is part of the maps unit and responsible for the ADA and HD map service and related software products for autonomous vehicles at all levels of driving automation. We develop our products in close cooperation with sensor vendors, chip makers, vehicle manufacturers and other companies active in autonomous driving. We also the develop back-end sensor data intake and processing algorithms needed for our map operations.
You will be responsible to develop partnerships with key industry players, in line with our product strategy:
- Partners: Identify new strategic cooperation opportunities with current and new strategic partners for your region and transform them into strong alliances. We are developing close partnerships with leading sensor vendors, tier1s, platform vendors and other map makers.
- Customers: Support regional automotive sales team to sell our products based on a solid understanding of our products and their value propositions. This ranges from product and portfolio presentations in a pre-sales context to handling product related questions throughout the sales cycle.
- Promotion: Promote TomTom autonomous driving (all automation levels) product portfolio at events and through public presentations
- Establish and nurture senior management and executive relationships
- Work closely with autonomous driving product management team to influence product plans based on partnering options
- Participate in the definition of our strategic cooperation framework
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Senior Manager/Director of Business Development, Autonomous Driving, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Understanding of business to business software, data and/or service markets. Previous experience with the automotive supplier market is a plus
- Good understanding of software and/or map technologies
- Completed Master level degree preferred. An engineering degree is a plus.
- More than years 5 years of relevant experience in a technology company, preferably with a few years in a product management, product marketing or business development role
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to work at a leading company in one of today's most exciting and challenging technology innovation areas
- Be part of an enthusiastic, world class and international team
- A fast moving work environment with a lot of exposure to other leading players in autonomous driving
- A competitive compensation package to include a generous base salary, a bonus scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401(k)
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 35 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
If you would like to be part of this winning international team and help TomTom further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply at: www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top