Senior Manager Software Engineering - Telematics
TomTom Telematics is a Business Unit of TomTom dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. WEBFLEET is a Software-as-a-Service solution, used by small to large businesses to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, TomTom Telematics provides services for the insurance, rental gregand leasing industries, car importers and companies that address businesses as well as consumers.
TomTom Telematics is one of the world's leading telematics solution providers with more than 763,000 subscriptions worldwide. The company services drivers in more than 60 countries, giving them the industry's strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third party applications and integrations. More than 48,000 customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2016.
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for a Senior Manager Software Engineering who is experienced in building, leading and motivating high-performing and cross-functional development teams within an agile environment. Based in Leipzig, your responsibilities will be:
- Being a key member of the Telematics engineering management team, you are strongly shaping our development agenda;
- Recruiting of high-performing software engineers with a good fit into the organization;
- Staffing the Scrum-teams according to business needs and shifting capacities to other teams when needed;
- Coaching and training of employees; including identification of competency gaps and defining actions to correct them;
- Conducting all aspects of Performance Management for a group of software engineers;
- Working with and challenging the responsible product managers on their product strategies and roadmaps;
- Negotiating with external suppliers/partners on projects or deliverables of major importance;
- Identifying, managing and reporting on business risks within your area of responsibility;
- Establishing and applying guidelines and processes in close collaboration with all stakeholders.
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a senior manager at TomTom Telematics' software engineering department. But to be successful in this position, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- University degree in IT or Business Administration with high IT affinity;
- Several years of management experience in an agile environment;
- Very good leadership potential and experience in leading bigger teams;
- Good expertise and practice in coaching and providing feedback as well as empowering teams;
- Deep knowledge about agile development processes like Scrum, Kanban etc.;
- Business sense and know-how in creating and realizing strategies;
- Knowledge about team and group dynamics;
- Excellent communication skills in German and English.
What do we offer?
- Working for a globally renowned brand where you really can make things happen;
- A challenging management position with influence to the future development of TomTom Telematics engineering organization;
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with different countries and cultures;
- Indefinite contract, 30 annual leave days, child care policy, 100% employer funded pension plan, up to 50% discount on products, 15% bonus scheme;
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Maps and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,700 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or for specific questions contact Jana Zaremba. Please send us your application in either German or English.
Pre-employment screening and online assessment is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top