Senior Manager Communications, Burlington, MA
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom’s global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
TomTom is on the move. And we are moving fast. Busy bringing insight led innovation to new markets; TomTom is creating lots of opportunities for talented individuals along the way. It is fast, it is sometimes furious and it is anything but boring!
TomTom is currently looking to hire a Sr. Manager Communications to reside in our U.S. headquarters in Burlington, MA. This role will focus on the development and management of a high quality, innovative, and creative PR strategy which will reinforce the TomTom brand by collaborating with both the regional and global leadership and marketing teams as well as established PR firms. This person will help build and execute a PR strategy to support TomTom’s growth goals of our Consumer Product line. The ideal person for this role will be organized, and able to multi-task moving seamlessly from long-term strategic projects to urgent tactical implementation. This role requires a strong knowledge of the media landscape and strong understanding of current and emerging media channels/trends, including traditional media, social media, influencer marketing, etc..
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Act as a spokesperson for TomTom in North America, driving positive press coverage on the TomTom brand and our products and improving TomTom’s reputation
- Have a driving role in the development and implementation of a proactive local media relations strategy targeted at key consumer and business media in the U.S. and Canada
- Create local stories and creative campaigns aligned to strategic focus
- Develop and manage quarterly PR strategy and goals
- Identify and submit for key speaking opportunities
- Crisis communications as necessary Contribute creative content ideas to share across marketing disciplines
- Manage U.S. and Canadian PR agencies
- Support global announcements through creative local events and activities
- Have a central role in the process of preparing communications such as press releases and Q&A’s around product introductions and other announcements
- Advise and prepare management for interviews, including trade shows, conferences and informal conversations with media to ensure that key messages are given to the press in a consistent and “on strategy” manner
- Monitor and analyze media coverage about TomTom (or relevant other news) and determine appropriate action to be taken
- Prepare a clear and accurate summary of perception on TomTom brand and products in market for internal stakeholders on a monthly basis
- Maintain a keen awareness of industry trends and identify opportunities for TomTom to contribute to timely topics in industry publications and social media
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Sr. Manager Communications, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent, Master Degree a plus
- 8-10 years of progressive PR experience
- Must have experience with technology media. Corporate & lifestyle media a plus
- Emerging PR experience as well as traditional PR
- PR agency experience a plus
- Experience building PR around Consumer Electronics a plus
- Must be an independent self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Be proactive, accountable and a strong communicator with a keen eye for detail
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment where team work and creative ideas are nurtured.
- The opportunity to work with passionate colleagues from different countries.
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a commission scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401(k).
Who are we?
At TomTom our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can benefit from it. We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and Licensing.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency while increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,400 employees worldwide and sell our products in 48 countries.
If you would like to be part of this winning international team and help TomTom further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply at: www.tomtom.com/careers.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Back to top