Senior Interaction Designer
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in interaction design to join our Automotive UX team within our UX department. The experience and future opportunities will include being responsible for driving the UI design process to create delightful and polished products as well as basing your design decision on user's needs and emotions, business goals and technology.
As a member of our global team, you are asked to deliver the following:
- A coherent design strategy at a conceptual and architectural level, while at the same time figuring out little interactions and behaviors of a detailed UI feature;
- Design deliverables from the storytelling rationale, design sketches, simulations and prototypes to detailed interaction design specs and flows;
- Present and share your work in a compelling and convincing way in front of key stakeholders;
- Manage multiple projects if needed and mentor less experienced designers.
- Get under the skin of drivers to better understand their challenges and pain points to ensure that your designs are appropriate for the driving context.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as Senior Interaction Designer, we have the following profile in mind:
- Proven track record in designing software applications for mobile, devices or web;
- Master's Degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or comparable;
- Outstanding (!) portfolio that shows a variety of work in software user experience design; your portfolio shows your process, conceptual level thinking, detailed problem solving as well as presentation and communication skills;
- Skilled with a broad toolkit of Interaction Design tools, including sketching, , flow creation and basic animation. Prototyping skills are hard requirement. 3D experience is a bonus;
- Familiar with best practices for User Interface design,; touch interfaces and in-car use context;
- Experience with usability engineering, guiding and assessing quantitative and qualitative user research;
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills; Solid time-management and prioritization skills with the ability to run simultaneous projects;
- Clear passion for technology and the automotive domain;
- Fluent in English.
What do we offer?
You will make a difference by creating real products for real people that are magically simple to use; An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions; The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures; TomTom Automotive is a growing, dynamic, and very exciting business with plenty of opportunities for personal growth and career development in the coming years. Contract with flexible benefits, 25 annual leave days, flexible holiday plan, collective health insurance, pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme; International relocation package and professional support (if applicable).
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top