Senior GIS Engineer (Specs engineer)
Our team achieves more. So can you.
Are you looking for the next great challenge in your career and are you ready to join our world-class team of GIS Engineers? Are you looking for a job where you are fully responsible for building a business and promoting state-of-the-art technology and a world-class brand? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Sound good so far?
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
- Analysis of GIS data used to enhance TT map database;
- Creating customised process designs including development of quality steps in order to prepare the data for integration; this includes enhancing the analysed data which will result in more efficient and more effective integration;
- Assisting peers with reviews, sharing knowledge and coaching in solving complex data situations;
- Providing input for improvement data analysis processes, e.g. by developing scripts and macros to automate tasks while maintaining high quality standards;
- Reporting to project & line management;
What do we expect from you?
- Higher education level (pref Engineering, IT or geographical);
- 5+ years of working experience, with GIS data manipulation background (working with FME, QGIS, ESRI sw);
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Scripting experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of maps technical processes, software and specifications is a plus;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with internal customers from around the world, as well as with engineering;
- Being prepared to travel.
What you can expect form us?
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Challenging role in an open, innovative and international culture
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Direct influence on realization of the projects
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top