Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
As the Security Architect for the Navigation product unit in TomTom, you secure all Intellectual Property of TomTom Navigation. You do so by establishing security requirements, designing and validate secure systems, preparing guidelines and mentor team members.
- Are you a security professional with a proven record of designing secure software systems?
- Are you a trusted technical leader?
- Can you communicate a complex architecture and its purpose in simple and compelling way?
- Can you promote the principles of secure software design and coding?
- Do you enjoy researching, learning new technologies and improving your knowledge and skills?
Then this is your ideal new job!
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Determining security requirements by evaluating product contexts and strategies.
- Advising about industry standards and security guidelines, and monitoring compliance
- Conducting system security and vulnerability analysis, modelling threats and assessing risks
- Provide technical leadership and moderate design decision making within a team of highly qualified professionals
- Actively support the product owners and the product managers providing insights on technical constraints and effort estimations
- Creating and conducting training programs and guidance to development teams
- Specifying manual and automated code analysis, open source and third party software vulnerability management, penetration testing and security validation procedures
- Creating architectural documentation for developers and stakeholders, with a focus on security
- Act as a subject matter expert within the department and participate in knowledge sharing with other product units
- Provide thought leadership for your own innovations & experience via participation in conferences or authoring white papers.
What we expect from you
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development with an established track record as a security specialist.
- Strong background in network protocols, network security and implementing security policies and standards.
- Relevant professional qualifications, such as Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Proficient oral and written communication skills (in English), including presentations to technical and non-technical audiences, with attested technical leadership and mentorship abilities.
- Excellent collaboration & technical leadership skills; with both internal and external stakeholders
- An intrinsic interest and motivation to remain up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Experience in applying agile software engineering methods.
What you can expect from us
- You will work on an informal, international and playful work environment. You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- You will work with modern technologies, lean processes and consumer facing products
- Our technical staff is our most valued asset. You will get all the support you need from us.
- Access to the best tools and resources to do your job, including best in class laptop, access to courses, conferences and books.
- Ability to join multiple design groups and interest groups in trending topics.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to apply in English.
A background check is part of the application process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top