Regional Product Marketing Manager - Detroit, MI
Regional Product Marketing Manager – Detroit
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom's global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
As Regional Product Marketing Manager you will be the "regional market guru" within the maps organization, understanding our regional customers and markets, our regional product offering across the different product layers and our regional competitiveness. You will liaise with the different units in the maps organization to lobby for an optimal regional product offering.
You will also function as the go to person for our regional and global sales teams, providing product marketing support toward sales, marketing, customer support and providing regional support for in person as well as teleconferences with customers.
Furthermore you will also evangelize the TomTom Maps story at regional marketing & industry events by supporting our booth at these events or through presentation slots where possible.
We are looking for an independent self-starter able to personally own the following key responsibilities and deliverables:
Strategic activities: working out what the right products are for the business:
- Define regional competitive strategy - Develop & maintain a fact based view (benchmarks, roadmaps, market development, etc.) on what it will take to be fully competitive with competitors in your region, prioritize key product gaps and possible ways forward and communicate towards the different Maps Product Units.
- Capture Customer and Sales Feedback - Capturing insights and requirements for our products through interaction with customers and sales.
- Master Regional Competitive Research - Be the specialist for your region for the available competitive benchmark data. Collaborate with the benchmarking teams and provide input on the scheduling and topic focus of ongoing benchmarking activities.
Outbound - helping the business to sell the product:
- Be the Go-To Maps promotor for your region, providing product marketing support toward sales, marketing, customer support and provide support for in person as well as teleconferences with customers.
- Keep an up to date sales pitch for your region - Develop, own and maintain the sales pitch for your region. With proof points, roadmap items, etc...
- Evangelize the TomTom Maps story - Own & drive the Maps components of regional marketing and industry events & evangelize the Maps Story by presenting at these events (preferably) or supporting the booth and other event activities.
- Innovate with new Maps marketing material - Support the Maps Story of Innovation in Mapmaking with new Maps marketing material such as regional product sheets, white papers, customer testimonials, quarterly newsletter stories, etc...
Inbound - helping the business to deliver the product:
- Supporting Regional Customer programs - Support important regional customer programs with cross Map Unit requirements by keeping the overview per program and creating awareness where needed.
Reporting lines & team:
The Regional Product Marketing Manager will report directly to Pieter Gillegot-Vergauwen, VP Product Marketing, based in Gent. He or she will have regular contacts with the other Product Marketing Managers via regular online meetings and collaboration initiatives.
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment where team work and creative ideas are nurtured.
- The opportunity to work with passionate colleagues from different countries.
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401(k).
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 35 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top