Principal Software Engineer, Lebanon, NH
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom’s global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
Within the Core Maps Group, you'll have the opportunity to develop systems and tools that are used in map production across the globe. You'll be part of a highly motivated team of engineers working in a fast paced environment. You'll be developing state of the art mapping algorithms using latest technologies and tools to solve complex problems. You'll design, develop and maintain software components for scalable systems that support highly visible production processes, and mentor other team members with these tasks as well.
In this role you will:
- Link TomTom strategy to long term technical solutions
- Be contributor to system architecture, able to prototype proposed solutions if necessary
- Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it.
- Mentor other more junior SW Engineers
- Advise Senior Management on own domain. Explain complex technical issues in an easy way.
- Execute the quality guidelines and deliver high quality tools with regards to SW layout, performance, output, stability, and usability.
- Apply agile techniques to deliver high quality software.
- Execute/follow-up on test plan of the delivered software.
- Perform follow-up on validation efforts for the development software.
- Provide input on future tool adaptations and applied design.
- Provide support on developed tools towards our customers.
- Advise in the creation of software design and perform follow up of other software development and test tasks within experience scope.
- Track the technical trends in the market in his/her domain and report about these issues within and outside the department. Define and propose projects and actions to stay in tune with the latest beneficial technology/techniques/methods related to the activity of TomTom processes
- Fine tune requirement understanding with internal customers on national and international level.
- Produce technical documentation and communicate technical and functional possibilities and limitations with process engineering.
- Report on project status and take actions to finish the project within the time, quality and content definition and requirements in co-agreement with the software coordinator.
- Review quality-testing issues to guarantee quality and result of the project
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Principal Software Engineer, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
University level with a minimum 5 years (>10 years ideal) of software development experience; deep understand of architecture within domain, knowledgeable of industry trends and how to apply within TomTom process, ability to advise and convince; ability to analyze complex problems and design maintainable and inexpensive solutions; demonstrate a positive attitude, promoting communication, cooperation, and teamwork; proven ability to produce solid software; ability to learn new techniques and technology as required; is quality driven.
Experience and deep understanding of the following is a must:
- SQL/Database knowledge
Experience and working knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Spring Framework
- Web Services
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
- The opportunity to work for a company where you can really make things happen
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus or commission scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry leading location based products.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 46 countries.
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or send your resume directly to Kathleen Mauriot: [email protected]
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Partnership Marketing Manager
Brenna works on the Marketing Team to spread the TomTom brand—and innovative consumer electronics—far and wide, through partnerships with established organizations and online influencers.
Back to top