Mobile Mapping Van Operator
If you like to travel on the open road and want to see the country, if you want to keep your personal living expenses low while earning a paycheck, if you want to be a part of a meaningful team, then we have an opportunity for you on our Operations Team. As part of the Content Operations team, the Mobile Mapping Driver is responsible for piloting our Mobile Mapping vehicles along a designated route while capturing video images of the road network.
As a member of our team, you will be asked to deliver the following:
- Navigation of the vehicle along designated routes while monitoring the capturing video quality;
- First line troubleshooting for any technical issues;
- Conducting quality daily checks to determine necessity for a re-drive;
- Submission of daily work reports;
- Conduction of data management from vehicle to TomTom office;
- Submission of bi-monthly expense reports for reimbursement. Food, lodging, flights, fuel, and vehicle maintenance are tracked and reimbursed.
- Travel routine is 6-8 weeks on the road with one week break in between. TomTom will fly you round trip between work location and home base during breaks.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Mobile Mapping Van Operator, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- 1-3 years driving experience, ideally in vehicle navigation and digital mapping.
- Experience in independently troubleshooting moderate level computer issues "is a must". This is not a traditional "route" driving position.
- Technical capability and aptitude is required.
- Able to collaborate and implement troubleshooting techniques with internal Support Team over phone or email.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel 90% of the year.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in the English language.
- Ability to interact with both internal and external customers in a professional manner and be a public-facing representative of the TomTom brand.
- Capability to be self-sufficient during assignment: to include dealing with vehicle maintenance, hotel arrangements, flight arrangements, and first-level equipment preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Valid driver's license for passenger vehicles and a clean driving record is a condition of employment.
What do we offer?
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions;
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
Who are we?
Founded in 1991, TomTom is the world's leading supplier of location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world's best navigation experience.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has 4,400 employees and sells its products in over 48 countries. Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning HD Traffic™.
Our working environment is an innovative, fun and dynamic one, full of agile, relentlessly customer focused self-starters and entrepreneurs. Our core values; open spirit, passion for results, innovative thinking and customer driven remain at the roots of how we work and we cherish our pioneering spirit.
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers and apply directly.
Only resumes ion English will be considered.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top