Location & Navigation Services - C++ Senior Software Engineer
Senior C++ Developer responsibility is to create and extend server-side systems that handle logic for multiple TomTom web services - routing, map tiles, geocoding and reverse geocoding, data filtering. Creation, extension and handling of the related tool chain for map data preprocessing is involved. Senior developer will be designing and implementing new features, designing system's architecture and interfaces, assuring the right level of quality and extensibility. Senior Developer documents created solutions and fixes, follows clean code principles and constantly strives for improving team's skills and capacity. There is much value in Senior's involvement in building team's self-organization and sharing knowledge with junior team members.
Sound good so far?
We are looking for the best C++ specialists to join our engineering team dedicated to a broad products set. Senior C++ Developer will be asked to deliver the following:
- architecture ideas that may improve the present product
- high quality and technical excellence
- efficient and maintainable code, whilst meeting the agreed requirements
- implementation of the current software development practices, processes and standards
- code reviews, design reviews, teaching, mentoring or giving technical talks and writing documentation.
What we expect from you::
- Good command of English both in speech and writing
- Around 3 years of experience with C++ (although we care more about skills)
- Very good knowledge of the C++ programming language and STL library
- Good knowledge of design patterns and clean code principles
- Good knowledge of automated testing techniques and tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of some of these is a plus: Git, AWS, Java, Java Script, Android, Linux, scripting languages
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Challenging role in an open, innovative and international culture
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Market rate salary, bonuses and benefits such as: private medical care, benefit card, lunch card, up to 50% discount on our products
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Lodz. A pretty cool city to live and work!
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
Your recruiter for this job is Karolina Leoniak.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top