Linux System Engineer
Where do you want to be?
OTS (Office and Technology Services) delivers its service across the TomTom Organization. They interact with all departments as supplier of IT services and cooperate in projects where IT knowledge is needed.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds to join our team. As a key member of our Employee and Engineer Services Devices team, you will be working as a Senior System Engineer and having hands on experience in skills like: Ubuntu Linux Infrastructure, Client devices for engineering, VMWare/Openstack, Shell Scripting.
You will be part of a product driven team using Scrum methodology to deliver tasks and objectives in monthly sprints.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Communicate directly with engineering community to support and analyze the business needs.
- Communicate with various teams in TomTom's internal organization, various operational and development teams in different PU's to drive changes and/or the resolution of customer impacting issues.
3.Ensure all process instructions and knowledgebase are maintained all times.
Represent EES devices in OTS platform meetings and contributing proactively to the topics.
Troubleshoot and resolve Client devices or client server platform related problems at level 3
Manage and maintain the client deployment and configuration management platform
- Deliver full security compliancy according to Corporate Security standards
What do we expect from you?
To be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills;
- Technical Graduation in Computer Science
- Understand product architecture
- Strong people skills
- Taking up end to end ownership with engineers to drive to a solution.
- Drive solutions for complex incidents.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Ubuntu client OS, LTS versions
- Knowledge of Open Source Software like Nagios and JIRA ticketing system.
- Self-propelled professional attitude
- Available to be part of on call duty ones a month
- At least 5 years' experience as S Linux System Engineer
- Demonstrate high level of Ownership and accountability
- Hands on experience in handling Linux clients and servers
- Knowledge/understanding of basic networking environment
- Knowledge of ITIL foundation
- Knowledge of Canonical MAAS and Landscape
- Excellent communication skills and cross-cultural adaptability
- Available for travelling, if required.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top