Java Test Engineer
Our teams achieve more every day. So can you.
TomTom Gent Transformation and Delivery department is converting and delivering digital map formats to a variety of high end customers and is constantly looking to improve its services
- Are you striving for continuous integration, continuous deployment and testable software?
- Are you offended by software not being tested?
- Are you intrigued by testing code that is considered untestable?
- Are you curious in learning about digital map formats and how our customers use these?
- Are you challenged by big data volumes, performance and security?
- Do you like working with next generation technologies in the challenging domain of digital maps?
- What about an environment where YOUR ideas count, where you're encouraged to experiment and propose change?
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Look at software from a user point of view, assessing usability and testability without having a testing-only mindset
- Build and maintain automated testing and delivery pipelines, propose and develop software and API changes based on testing and deployment requirements
- Apply agile techniques to deliver high quality software and technical excellence
- Strive for efficient and maintainable code, whilst meeting the agreed requirements
- Constantly challenge current practices, look for leaner, more efficient ways – drive change!
What we expect from you
- Knowledge of automated deployment and testing techniques and tools beyond JUnit & Jenkins
- Agile thinker and team player
- Knowledge of testing tools and strategies, but not in a narrow-minded way. We are a problem solving company and prefer using the right tool for the job at hand, without restricting us to one approach.
- Knowledge of the Java universe
- Proven experience in complex software testing
- Knowledge and interest in any of the below is a plus:
- Cloud computing (AWS)
- Big Data (Hadoop, Crunch, Spark, …)
- Geospatial domain
- API security testing
- Design patterns and clean code principles
What you can expect from us
- You will be working in a very international context, with a mixture of cultures and nationalities
- There's plenty of opportunities for personal growth, in any direction you choose. Don't expect doing the same thing for years, we encourage growth and change
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion-euro company
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top