Java Search Engine Engineer
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
At TomTom you can be the search engine expert for creating and extending web services used by TomTom for geocoding, reverse geocoding and searching addresses and points of interests. Given the broadness of the free text search domain, you will be encouraged to investigate and implement algorithms improving performance and results accuracy. As every member of our development team you will influence design decisions, architecture and choice of tooling used by the team. We work with a wide diversity of technologies: Cloud Computing (AWS), Java, Apache Lucene, node.js, git, maven, shell scripts, etc., thus you are offered the opportunity to continuously broaden your skillset and keep on learning new skills.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Create the server-side systems that handle logic for multiple TomTom web services used by millions of users
- Create, extend and handle the tool chain for map data pre-processing
- Design architecture ideas that may improve the present product
- Write efficient and maintainable code, whilst meeting the agreed requirements
What we expect from you
- You are experienced with Java
- You have got hands-on experience with Apache Lucene or similar
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Linux or Agile
- Knowledge of some of these is a plus: AWS, Docker, Maven, Git, experience with continuous delivery/deployment.
What you can expect
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Amsterdam. A pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when its sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top