Java Research Engineer for Traffic Applications Development
Our team achieves more. So can you.
Do you want to contribute to new and innovative content services improving the driving experience of millions of TomTom users worldwide?
Would you like to develop new algorithms & platforms for Big-data-analysis and -fusion from the very first idea to the implementation of production code?
You and TomTom
We are looking for top talents in Algorithms with programming-experience in Java and Python to join our Live Traffic Development Team. Together, we will create and extend tools to process, visualize, and statistically analyse rich location-based information streams. During all this you'll be communicating and documenting about tools, software components, development progress and analysis results to fellow team-members and stakeholders.
Sounds good so far?
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
- High-performing algorithms to extract meaningful information from large & imperfect data sets
- Design and implement efficient & scalable environments for real-time data processing
- Collaborate with a top-level international development team
- Contribute to the conceptualization of novel travel-information services and products
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to becoming a Research Engineer at TomTom. But this is the kind of profile we have in mind for someone to be successful in this particular role:
- Very good knowledge of Java and/or python (alternatively C++ or any other OO language) and development in a UNIX/Linux environment;
- High proficiency in designing and implementing efficient algorithms & data structures;
- Advantageous: Strong background in data-mining and statistical data analysis;
- Ideally: Experience with traffic- or map-related applications;
- Good written and oral language skills in English.
What you can expect from us?
You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company. A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with. The opportunity to contribute to new products from the very beginnings of research & design up to the implementation in high-quality production code. An adventure in data-mining and -analysis of one of the largest traffic data-streams worldwide. Being part of modern software development in an international working environment where creativity and algorithmic thinking are as highly valued as team-work and open communication.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top