Java Developer back-end
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been innovating navigation since 2002 and we are not slowing down.
At TomTom you can develop your skills in all fields of software engineering, from the UI down to the data layer. In our team you will focus primarily on server-side applications based on Java, but also work on user interfaces. We develop products used by internal and external customers; we build them, we run them and we maintain them. Some of the applications deal with huge amounts of data, while others focus on fast processing.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Design and implement highly scalable and high-performing solutions based on Java
- Build flexible and future-proof solutions while keeping the product vision in mind
- Work on two-week sprints as part of a multidisciplinary scrum team of about six professionals
- Define and improve infrastructure and deployment setups under Linux
- Improve our testing and continuous-integration system
What we expect from you
- You like to work as part of a self-organizing agile team and open to support our stakeholders
- You are familiar with distributed and scalable systems and virtualization
- You have professional experience with Spring, web applications and AWS services like EC2, S3, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, and others
- Experience in a Linux (or Unix) based environment as well as system and IT information security is required
- Familiarity with Puppet, Python, Docker, and monitoring are a plus
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top