Are you passionate about complex systems, clever algorithms or mathematical models?
Will your ideas lead the next-generation of fully automated Maps?|
We like to think big at TomTom. We are looking for bright, curious minds in software development to join the team developing TomTom's digital Maps. As a TomTom Developer you will be working with a team of skilled, creative and passionate engineers on solving complex problems. Your work will improve automated digital map updates and generate the best possible user experience.
Here is a little taste of your challenge...
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and shared environment.
- Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in Java.
- Be a contributor to our system architecture, able to prototype proposed solutions
- Constantly grow, led by your curiosity to grab the many development opportunities at TomTom and stay up to speed with the latest tools and techniques in an ever-changing technological landscape.
What we expect from you…
A great Java Software Engineer at TomTom can't be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Your Java programming skills and engineering know-how are impressive.
- You have the skills and desire to build and improve visual simulations of complex data structures.
- You love working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- You are working with automated testing, CI techniques and tools, design patterns and clean code principles.
- You might have knowledge in one (or several) of these areas: Big Data, Geospatial processing, Machine learning & Artificial Intelligence, Remote Sensing, Cloud Computing, API security
What you can expect from us
- We like having fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job every day if you don't like the people you work with. Our workspace is located in Gent.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom's founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- We decide, act and follow things through – fast. We don't like to wait. It's in our hearts to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't slow the company down with too many layers of decision-making. We make things happen. Quickly.
- We never get bored. We feel like a "start-up", but have the resources and benefits of a billion euro company.
- Market rate salary, bonuses and benefits
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English. To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Botho Koldeweij at +31621507234. Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top