Java Big Data Engineer
Where do you want to be?
- Do you like every workday to be different from the other?
- Would you like to generate information from big data with high throughput?
- Do you want to see the results of your work being used by millions people every day?
As a Java Engineer you are able to design and build scalable data processing systems for automatically updating TomTom's Maps. In case you'd like to know more about what we do, please watch this video.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Processing petabytes of data in order to derive information from it
- Build scalable system as the biggest players on the market
- Solve complex engineering problems
- Working with 100 developers on the same codebase
- Help company to become a leader on worldwide market
What we expect from you
- Knowledge of Java and tools used in software development
- Eagerness to lean a lot of new things and continuously improve your skills
- Open mind and readiness to discuss details of the system your team builds
- Command of English enough to communicate with other teams/ stakeholders
- Analyzing stack trace and SQL queries for performance improvements
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly
- Lodz. A pretty cool city to live and work!
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top