Java Algorithm Engineer
What if we told you that you can achieve more at TomTom in less time than at any other company?
From coding the next product revolution, to selling it, we always want inspired people to join us.
Find the right vacancy for you? Please click Apply. We look forward getting to know you!
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation products since 2004 and we are not slowing down.
- Would you like to bring the real-time traffic information to life to millions of TomTom users?
- Do you want to work on millions of data inputs with high throughput from all sorts of sources?
- Does clean and maintainable code make you smile more than a good coffee?
TomTom Travel and Traffic Information delivers unparalleled information about traffic conditions; bot in real-time as well as based on historic data. Based on high throughput of probe data from a plethora of sources, TomTom is able to calculate, visualize and deliver traffic information interpretable in a glimpse of an eye to millions of users every day. As a Java Algorithm Engineer you are involved in improving the delivery, accuracy and visualization of this traffic and travel information.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Produce great code
One minute you are discussing race conditions in multi-threaded code on a review, next you are in a whiteboard session with your colleagues drawing up the design of the next feature: you love what we refer to as "perfect code" that is recognized by your peers as being elegant and simple.
- Constantly develop yourself
Languages evolve, platforms change and so you learn. You grab the chances we offer to develop yourself because you are curious and like to work with the latest tools and techniques in an ever changing technological landscape.
What we expect from you
- Top-notch Java engineering skills, preferably also experience with Hibernate and Spring
- Strong mathematical skills to create and improve complex algorithms
- Knowledge of AWS, Scala or Search Engine functionality (Lucene) is a big plus
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration: Maven, Got, Docker
- Able to work and play well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top