Human Resources Generalist
TomTom Telematics is a Business Unit of TomTom dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. WEBFLEET is a Software-as-a-Service solution, used by small to large businesses to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, TomTom Telematics provides services for the insurance, rental gregand leasing industries, car importers and companies that address businesses as well as consumers.
TomTom Telematics is one of the world's leading telematics solution providers with more than 763,000 subscriptions worldwide. The company services drivers in more than 60 countries, giving them the industry's strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third party applications and integrations. More than 48,000 customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2016.
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist as a maternity cover for 15 months who is experienced in recruitment including employer awareness campaigns, as well as eager to perform HR advisory activities and HR project work. Based in Leipzig, your responsibilities will be:
- Effectively build relationships with managers on all levels in order to support and coach them onsuch subjects as people & performance management, new ways of working, team development,employee engagement, employment legislation and policies etc.;
- Recruit new colleagues for our business in DACH (with focus on Software Developer profiles for our Leipzig office) as well as Australia and UK
- Plan and carry out employer awareness activities for our Leipzig office;
- Anticipate and respond to legislative changes, reflecting these in HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance (in cooperation with other departments);
- Ensure flawless execution of HR processes and work on enhancements in cooperation with TomTom's HR Shared Services and the HR Director for TomTom Telematics;
- Carry out local HR projects for your responsible areas;
- Participate in future HR Projects across TomTom Telematics globally.
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Human Resources Generalist at TomTom Telematics. But to be successful in this position, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- University degree in a related field;
- 3-7 years of experience covering a comparable role in a dynamic (technology) environment;
- Solid German labour law knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills with a strong command of German as well as good English proficiency;
- Diplomatic mind set, keeping confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations;
- Strong influencing skills and confident conflict handling competencies;
- Good conceptual and analytical work experience;
- Driven self-starter with a positive outlook, being flexible and thinking outside the box;
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative work relationships;
- Good IT, administrative and organizing skills.
What do we offer?
- Working for a globally renowned brand where you really can make things happen;
- An exciting position with opportunities for personal growth;
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with different countries and cultures;
- 30 annual leave days, child care policy, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme;
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or for specific questions contact Jana Zaremba.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top