Hot job - Software Developer C++ for Automotive platforms
Want to develop the in-car navigation of the future?
We are looking for the brightest C++ developers to join our Automotive team in Amsterdam and Eindhoven. Your team is responsible creating TomTom's next-generation connected car navigation products. You can see the actual results of your work come to life evolving from demos to eventually being used in millions of cars on the road. The car of the year 2017, the SUV Peugeot 3008, is also using TomTom's navigation system.
Here's a little taste of your daily challenge
- Be part of one of our Scrum teams consisting of 7 to 10 developers and testers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner
- Realize innovative in-car navigation solutions using C++ or Java and working in sprints of 2 or 3 weeks.
- Be part of projects which vary in size, but typically take 12-24 months and require various scrum teams
- Use modern tools for requirements management (Rally), version control (Perforce), continuous integration (Jenkins), issue tracking (Jira), test automation (Squish), test management (ALM), etc.
What you can expect from us
- Entrepreneurial spirit. We feel like a start-up, but have a billion-euro revenue
- Brilliant minds. Learn from your colleagues – pioneers and experts who are changing the world
- Different cultures. TomTom'ers come from all over the world, with 55 nationalities and counting
- No dress code. Just come as you are – we can't wait to welcome you in our state-of-the-art office
- Develop like crazy. Benefit from our Coaching & Mentoring Programme, and many L&D offerings
- Mingle at events. You're invited to our famous Summer Fest, Hackathons and Innovation Days
- Get rewarded. From Performance to Patent Inventory bonuses, we have you covered
- Settle in smoothly. Our team will make your move to Amsterdam a seamless experience
What we expect from you
A great C++ Software Engineer at TomTom can't be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Your C++ programming skills and engineering know-how are impressive
- Additional programming experience with Java and Python is considered a big plus
- You have the experience with cross-platform development (QNX, Linux, Windows CE) and operating system concepts
- You love working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in an agile environment
Note: You are eligible to work in the EU. An international relocation package and professional support is available (if applicable).
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English.
To get the full story about this opportunity or the application procedure, please contact Timon Krommendam on +316 270 117 42
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top