Global Sourcing Intern
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'. Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Would you like contribute in designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals?
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in Sourcing/Supply Chain to join our Global Sourcing team within the Traffic & Travel Information (TTI) Unit in Berlin, Germany. As we are continuing to grow and launch our Traffic & Travel products and services in more countries around the world we have adapted a global scope for our sourcing activities. The tasks are diverse and range from supporting the execution of the global expansion strategy through to sourcing for new suppliers and management of existing ones.
This is a great opportunity to get insights into different activities around international sourcing. The experience and future opportunities:
- You will be involved in new product launches and improvement of existing products through sourcing and supplier management activities
- You will support the whole sourcing process from supplier identification and qualification, analysis of data, to commercial negotiation and contract drafting.
- In addition to new suppliers, the management of existing suppliers will include assessment of performance, and management of payment obligations.
- You will also take care of market, competitor and pricing analysis as well as reporting and data base management around sourcing.
- You will assist the sourcing team with daily tasks
What do we expect from you?
This is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Bachelor or Master Student in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain/Sourcing or a related discipline;
- You are a team player with a dynamic, outgoing personality, and an interest in Sourcing and Traffic Information;
- Good knowledge of MS Office is required;
- Proficient in English (both written and verbal) with excellent communication skills; The ability to speak another EU language is an advantage;
- Excellent organizational skills
- You should be enrolled as a full-time student for the complete duration of the internship;
- You should only apply if you are an EU citizen due to working permit regulations.
What do we offer?
An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions;
The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
6 months internship contract
- 850 Euros (Gross based on full time work)
Who are we? Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices. Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have over 4,600 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 35 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on the apply button, and go to www.tomtom.jobs.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top