GIS Technical Project Coordinator
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom's global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
TomTom is on the move. And we are moving fast. Busy bringing insight led innovation to new markets; TomTom is creating lots of opportunities for talented individuals along the way. It is fast, it is sometimes furious and it is anything but boring!
We are looking for the best and brightest minds to join our project team within our Content Operations Maps team in Santiago, Chile.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include organizing and conducting trainings for operational unit employees to ensure they are on the same education & training level and apply the valid processes, specs and tools. Assist in install, check and roll-out hardware (in co-operation with ITG), tools and processes; - supervise that everyone is working with the same actual documents (specifications, methods, guidelines) and tools. Support Project Manager in - writing Project Instructions, Assist in Project Acceptance, production support activities, Data analysis and keep local documentation up-to-date. Various levels of interaction/support to teams located in other countries.
As a member of our team, you are asked to deliver the following:
- Data collection and implementation processes as assigned which standard and where local specific knowledge is required
- Fine-tune and improve source data format and technology
- Monitor and document product benchmarks, Execute quality checks, both of in-office and on-field of Source Material, output of the Data Collection Team, deliverables from 3rd party data suppliers, database (audits), and create related documentation
- Cooperate with project manager to apply TA procedures, methods & specifications for the assigned activities and to produce Project Descriptions and Project Instructions in order to assure defined quality requirements and meet customer expectations
- Set-up training programs in order to assure the knowledge in the operational teams and Data Partner Company within the QMS framework
- Implement and continuously improve the Quality Management System to its full extend in the department
- Drive continual improvement of methods, documentation and tools related to Database processes and QMS improvements
- Push (cross departmental) initiatives to come to better Database & Products
- Monthly qualitative reporting for Data Sourcing activities
- Respect KPI's related to the database program realization
- Respect of deadlines in incident handling
What do we expect from you?
You have advanced skills to properly communicate with all people in region (multi-language) and other regions on details. Analytical ability to solve complex technical issues.
You are a dynamic, highly motivated and friendly individual with a technical background. You work independently to resolve issues. You are passionate about continuous improvement.
You are result oriented and your main goal is to reach the committed milestones. You are team-oriented, which means being able to communicate with other team members, expressing doubts and accepting constructive criticism in a reasonable way.
To be successful as a GIS Technical Project Coordinator, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Mandatory to possess strong knowledge & working experience with GIS Software: ArcGIS (ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE & extensions), MapInfo, NetCAD, GeoMedia, FME is desired
- Higher education level (prefer Engineering, IT or Geography); - Knowledge of Maps technical processes and associated tools, software and specifications
- Geographic Quality knowledge is required
- Quality Process experience is required
- Good algorithmic problem solving skills
- Advanced mapping expertise (internal specifications, processes & tools, commercial GIS software - expertise required growing gradually from associate to expert level)
- Database analysis skills
- Excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Attention to details and quality sensitiveness
- Leadership and ease to work in a group
- Self-learning skills
What do we offer?
- An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic team with a world-class brand according to Agile methodology
- A challenging and fast moving work environment
- A great development opportunities: internal workshops, technical trainings, individual career plan
- A good, enthusiastic team and very positive work atmosphere
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4500 employees worldwide and sell our products around the globe. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers to apply.
Please submit your resume in English.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top