GIS Sourcing Engineer
The GIS Engineer works on automated data production/source preparation processes. The responsibilities range from actual processing on the database over analysis and preparation of source data to designing customized process designs.
Good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the range of processes, procedures, and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks. The complexity is on the technical level, with expertise in the domain of automated database production and GIS.
Execute automated actions on the database according to plans, schedules and project requirements; deliver fall out from automated process to manual production using standard ADP tools and methods.
- Perform validation of automated production process; be proactive in suggesting better, more efficient etc. alternate solutions, improvements in the process.
- Follow up on validation.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative evaluations of data used to enhance core database, often using a GIS environmen.t
- Identify and record all relevant data features and attributes for each data set handled.
- Confirm the validity and accuracy of existing metadata and generate or obtain additional metadata as needed.
- Define recommendations on how to use the data (e.g. tool configurations)
- Enhance the analyzed data which will result in more efficient and more effective integration.
- Create customized process designs (process/tool configurations) including the development of quality steps.
- Analyze and improve procedures and tools used in the data evaluation process, and in automated production & quality processes.
Develop scripts and macros to automate tasks while maintaining high- quality standard.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top