GIS Partner Development Manager
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom's global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
TomTom is currently looking for a Partnership Development Manager to join our Sourcing Operations team in Santiago, Chile. This is a newly created position with lots of opportunities to contribute to TomTom's ability to continuously deliver high quality, accurate maps as a service. This position will contribute to the strategic direction of the region and support the LATAM market with the exception of Brazil coverage. The goal of this role is to tap into existing Open Data sources and develop data collaborative and partnerships that allow TomTom to tap into live data feeds within the industry and at all levels of Government within the region. The role will entail reaching out to, qualifying and building partnerships with a wide variety of data suppliers throughout the Latin America region.
Responsibilities of this role will also include:
- Assist in developing and executing the strategy from sourcing partners to establishing working relationships, closing deals and managing supplier deliveries;
- Understanding the scope of the different projects and proactively defining the best data sources available;
- Meeting selective suppliers and qualifying their ability to provide accurate and appropriate data;
- Negotiating legal contracts with suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Optimize partnerships on all relevant aspects, like for example (but not limited to) financials, licensing rights and (content) quality.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Partnership Development Manager, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the English and Spanish languages are a must;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to travel;
- Savvy negotiating skills: we are looking for someone with a proven experience as a buyer and/or a seller;
- Strong business acumen and follow-up skills;
- 5 + years related work experience in the areas of: customer relations, content solution sales, research, business intelligence & negotiations.
- Nice to have:
- An excellent understand of the Latin America region, with a good perspective on the business, legal and economic scenario;
- Knowledge and technical background of GIS;
- GIS product knowledge;
- Open Data negotiation;
- Government negotiation.
Who are we?
At TomTom our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can benefit from it. We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and Licensing.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency while increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,400 employees worldwide and sell our products in 48 countries.
If you would like to be part of this winning international team and help TomTom further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply at: www.tomtom.com/careers.
Only applications submitted in English will be considered for this role.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top