- Automated data production: Execute automated actions on database according to plans, schedules and project requirements; deliver fall out from automated process to manual production using standard automation tools and methods.
- Process validation: Perform validation of automated production process; be pro-active in suggesting better, more efficient etc. alternate solutions, improvements in the process.
- Data analysis and preparation
- Perform qualitative and quantitative evaluations of data used to enhance core database, often using a GIS environment
- Identify and record all relevant data features and attributes for each data set handled
- Confirm the validity and accuracy of existing metadata and generate or obtain additional metadata as needed
- Define recommendations on how to use the data (e.g. tool configurations)
- Enhance the analyzed data which will result in more efficient and more effective integration.
- Continuous improvement: Analyze and improve procedures and tools used in the data evaluation process, and in automated production & quality.
Knowledge, skills & competencies
- Knowledge & experience
- Master or higher education level (prefer Geographical, Engineering, IT)
- Knowledge of maps technical processes and associated tools, software and specifications
- 1 to 2+ years' experience preferred with ESRI GIS Software and/or other commercial GIS (can be in a production environment); or the equivalent education and experience
- Analytical ability for complex technical issues
- Technical skills:
- Advanced mapping expertise (internal specifications, processes & tools, commercial GIS software)
- Tool configuration (TT auto production tools)
- Database analysis (MSAccess, SQL)
The complexity is on technical level, with expertise in the domain of automated database production and GIS concept.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top