General Ledger Accountant - Mexico City
General Ledger Accountant – Mexico City
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom's global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
TomTom operates a Shared Services model for its service units. The General accounting team performs roles over several locations including US, LATAM, APAC, Poland and Pune for the TomTom Group.
We are currently looking to expand our LATAM team by creating two ''GL Accountant'' roles who will work closely together with the GL team in Amsterdam.
This role suits a hands-on, motivated, self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational and influencing skills.
We are looking for an independent self-starter able to personally own the following activities:
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close of Mexican and Chile entities
- Review and follow-up of monthly financial results with BU controllers and GL Amsterdam team
- Prepare general ledger entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close; generate and review operating statements; analyze key accounts; identify unusual transactions; verify adequacy of accruals
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with the accounting policies of the organization
- Perform analysis on Transfer Pricing reporting and entity profitability drivers
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts. Compile all supporting documentation for balances
- Assist in providing information for audits and income tax return preparation
- Work closely with External Service providers in order to meet local compliance deliverables for Tax & Statutory purposes
- Ensure compliance with Chilean and Mexico Electronic filing requirements
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a General Ledger Accountant, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Economics, Finance or equivalent with 3-5 years of accounting experience in a medium/large size organization. 'Licenciado en contaduria publica'' or CPA equivalent preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience working in an international company is beneficial
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role.
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software, and all Microsoft Office applications is required. SAP experience preferred
- Must be a strong team player and self-starter, hands-on-mentality, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external parties
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment where team work and creative ideas are nurtured.
- The opportunity to work with passionate colleagues from different countries.
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and more.
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 35 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
If you would like to be part of this winning international team and help TomTom further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply at: www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top