General Ledger Accountant (Amsterdam)
TomTom operates a Shared Services model for its service units. The General accounting team in Amsterdam functions as a center of excellence and plays a leading role in Global accounting activities performed over several locations including US, APAC, Poland and Pune for the TomTom Group.
The General Accounting team located in Amsterdam is responsible for the accounting of the Dutch and Belgian entities and plays a pivotal role in the co-ordination of month end close process for all group wide entities.
We are currently looking to expand our team by creating a ''Senior GL Accountant'' role to work with the Amsterdam GL team. This position is suited for a hands-on, motivated, self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational and influencing skills.
- Maintain the General Ledger of one or more key entities in the TomTom Group. Ensure complete and accurate accounting and perform month end close activities in line with group deadlines
- Take the lead in FSSC projects which will vary in subject and scale. Projects include acquisitions, geographic expansions, system enhancements and process improvements
- Conduct monthly group / business unit reporting & variance analysis. Maintain a consistent internal reporting structure across a range of subjects including employee expenses, IT, Facility costs, Foreign Exchange etc.
- Perform analysis on Transfer Pricing reporting and entity profitability drivers
- Perform analysis on the group IC positions and work with the Cash Management team to maximize efficiency of the group IC cash movements
- Manage preparation of year-end audit schedules as required, working in cooperation with internal and external auditors
- Assist in providing information for (statutory) audits and income tax return preparation
- Work with the global team of Accountants to ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with the accounting policies of the organization
- Perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations
- Education in Accounting or Finance (Bachelor, HEAO or equivalent)
- Approximately 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA is an advantage
- Strong communicative skills and analytical skills, open minded, forward-thinking and confident in embracing and leading change
- Excellent analytical skills and strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting policies
- Able to work in a structured way, service oriented, dynamic, flexible, pro-active, self-starter, hands-on mentality
- Experience working with Excel and with a recognized ERP package e.g. SAP or Oracle
- Experience working in an international company/shared service center is beneficial
- Fluency in English (written and verbal). Fluency in Dutch is beneficial
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top