Full-Stack Software Engineer Java - Telematics
TomTom Telematics is one of the world's leading telematics solution providers with more than 763,000 subscriptions worldwide. The company services drivers in more than 60 countries, giving them the industry's strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third party applications and integrations. More than 48,000 customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2016.
We are looking for talented people who are passionate about great products and agile practices. Be part of an agile cross-functional team and work on graphical user interfaces and their connected applications on server side.
Sound good so far?
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
- Discuss new features and collaborate with the development and UX team, commercial product manager and product owner;
- Agree the technical implementation with involved component owners and estimate its work effort;
- Implement, test and demonstrate new product features in an agile process;
- Develop complete sets of functionality including the backend and user interfaces;
- Work on further usability, performance improvements or quality assurance, including bug fixes and test automation.
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Full-Stack Software Engineer at TomTom. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- University degree in computer science or similar;
- Very good German and English language skills;
- You are a great communicator, analytic, goal-oriented, quality-focused, yet still agile person who likes to work with software engineers; you will interact a lot with UX engineers, other developers, component owners and system engineers;
- Your clear overview about all layers in computer software development is impressive and having great knowledge about REST APIs and how to make and integrate them in products is your advantage;
- Additionally you are experienced in Java server-side development, including lightweight JEE, Spring, Hibernate, using SQL and noSQL data stores.
What do we offer?
An adventure in software product development within a rapidly growing business unit of a globally renowned brand. After getting started you will have various opportunities for your professional development. Being part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for our Telematics service platform, TomTom's leading fleet management system. Indefinite contract, 30 annual leave days, child care policy, 100% employer funded pension plan, up to 50% discount on products, 15% bonus scheme. Among others, an online learning platform (1500 courses & 11000 e-books) as well as live speeches from software development gurus, like Uncle Bob.
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Maps and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or for specific questions contact Jana Zaremba.
Online assessments and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top