Full Stack Developer - Telematics
TomTom Telematics is the fastest growing Business Unit of TomTom, and one of the world's leading providers of fleet management solutions and professional telematics services, delivered as "Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)". Our products are designed to help professional drivers to drive greener, safer and more efficiently. Our award winning online platform, WEBFLEET, is highly scalable and has the highest standards in terms of reliability and security. TomTom Telematics services more than 48,000 fleet customers in 60 countries with more than 763,000 active monitored units/vehicles and is Europe's largest and fastest growing fleet management service provider.
Where do you want to be…in a year, in 5 years?
What if you had the opportunity to achieve more in less time then you could ever imagine?
At TomTom, you can. To further accelerate our growth even more and strengthening our leading position we are on the outlook for a Full-stack Developer.
Sound good so far?
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
- Discuss new features and collaborate with the development and UX team, commercial product manager and product owner
- Agree the technical implementation with involved component owners and estimate its work effort
- Implement, test and demonstrate new product features in an agile process
- Develop complete sets of functionality including the backend and user interfaces
- Work on further usability, performance improvements or quality assurance, including bug fixes and test automation
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Full-Stack SaaS Engineer at TomTom. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- You have a degree in computer science or engineering.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in software development.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken).
- You are a great communicator, analytic, goal-oriented, quality-focused, yet still agile person who likes to work with software engineers; you will interact a lot with UX engineers, other developers, component owners and system engineers.
- You have a clear overview about all layers in computer software development, including REST APIs and how to make and integrate them in our products
- You have Java server-side development, including lightweight JEE, Spring, Hibernate, using SQL and noSQL data stores
What can you expect:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
Let's not forget the good stuff
- Competitive base salary with a generous bonus scheme.
- Private health insurance (including children and partners).
- Pension Plan (after 6 months contract).
- Lunch Vouchers.
- 50% discount on purchase of TomTom products.
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on tomtom.com/careers
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top