ForgeRock IAM and Java Engineer
We are a software development team in the Business Process Solutions department. We develop and maintain enterprise-wide server-side applications that support all TomTom product units. We ensure that our customers get live services on their navigation devices, customers get their units repaired, and customers are authenticated to use our services. We work with teams throughout TomTom and make a contribution to projects. We are also involved in major technology improvement projects. Team members are located in Amsterdam, Pune and Bangalore.
We have become the expertise center for identity and access management for our customers, using a combination of ForgeRock and Java as the technology to achieve this. ForgeRock is a fast-growing, cutting-edge provider of identity and access management solutions.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Development of identity and access management applications created by integrating ForgeRock components together with custom Java code where necessary. In addition, development of some supporting custom-made applications.
- Support and maintenance of these applications, which must be highly available, robust and scalable.
- Support development and testing by internal and external teams that are connecting to access management systems.
- Working in an international, self-managing Scrum team of developers and testers, but taking ownership and responsibility for your tasks and for ensuring that the team performs its tasks.
- Work closely with the system engineering team who deploy the applications.
- Write, own and maintain required documentation needed to sustain and operate the services.
- Training (formal, informal & self-study) will be provided for ForgeRock components (OpenAM, OpenDJ, OpenIDM, OpenIG) and their extensions with custom Java code
What do we expect from you?
- 3-5 years' Experience with integration of medium-to-large middleware solutions (e.g., ForgeRock, Oracle OpenSSO, RightNow)
- Experience in the area of identity and access management and security
- Experience either in development or system integration engineering roles with Java.
- BSc in computer science or equivalent experience
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques on-the-job
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision
- Ability to work in an international team, preferably with experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum
- Enthusiastic, committed colleague with an eye for detail, a hands-on mentality, and a strong focus on quality, individual but also team performance
- Passion for results
- Willingness to learn ForgeRock Identity and Access Management components.
What do we offer?
An adventure in the cutting-edge field of identity and access management, with the chance to learn and gain experience with ForgeRock products. The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries.
TomTom India Private Limited is one of India's Best IT & IT- BPM Company to Work for - 2015. It is amongst 50 Best IT & IT-BPM companies to work for in India and amongst the Top 5 among Emerging organizations in IT & IT-BPM.
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com/careers
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply against this job id or please reach out to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!
Online assessments and pre-employment verification is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top