Financial Reporting Specialist
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Within our TomTom finance organisation the Accounting and Reporting team is responsible for all aspects of accounting and reporting and serves the whole finance department with relevant, high quality and timely reports. We serve the business and other finance stakeholders with policy setting, accounting guidance and training. When needed, we provide support on corporate projects such as system implementations, due diligence and business valuations.
Where do you want to be?
Are you looking for the next great challenge in your career and are you ready to join our world-class team of financial professionals? Are you looking to be part of state-of-the-art technology and a world-class brand? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for the best and brightest minds to join our Accounting & Reporting team.
The Financial Reporting Specialist plays a key role in adding quality and control to our financial reporting process throughout the worldwide TomTom organisation. An important aspect of the role is to work closely with the financial leadership team, identify areas for improvement and drive best in class processes. The Financial Reporting Specialist will play a key role in strengthening our processes and controls whereby we aim to reduce waste automate our processes where possible. This position will report directly to the Head of Group Accounting and Internal Audit and is a great opportunity for someone with big four audit experience who wants to make an entrance in a dynamic corporate environment.
The experience and future opportunities will include:
- Manage the external audit relationship. Liaise with the external auditors to ensure a good planning and alignment between the required audit deliverables and our internal documentation as well as follow up on discussion topics.
- Take ownership for quality improvements of TomTom's most crucial accounting areas; areas that contain a high degree of estimation or are highly complex in nature. Ensure together with the different finance teams that we have effective and highly automated processes in place that drive in high quality accounting.
- Drive further automation of controls within finance via optimal usage of the current tools in place (e.g. SAP GRC) or new tools (Robotics).
- Monitor and drive quality in our local compliance, via training to staff, quality checks of deliverables and implementation of compliance tooling.
- Work with Global Business Process Owners ("GBPO's) for optimising their control setting and monitoring. Implement next wave in GBPO's within TomTom Group
- Work closely with the financial leadership team to strengthen and improve our financial processes and make them best in class. Aim to eliminate waste and simplify, standardise and automate processes. Ensure our processes are well controlled and documented.
- Where possible aim to create insight into our processes via end-to-end process descriptions and easy to understand KPI dashboards.
- Assist in large corporate projects.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful in the role as Corporate Accountant, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Accounting or Business Economics Degree and preferably complemented with a post graduate qualification RA /ACA/CPA or equivalent;
- Experience in audit and/or external reporting (IFRS or US GAAP);
- 4 to 6 years of relevant accounting and reporting experience, preferably in a corporate accounting department of a multinational company and/or in the 'big four';
- Keen on delivering excellent quality and willing to develop and demonstrate technical expertise in accounting;
- Keen eye for detail and passion for data/reporting integrity and high quality reports
- Relevant international working experience is a pre;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written); knowledge of Dutch or additional European language(s) would be an advantage;
- You are communicative, analytical, responsible, stress resistant and able to handle tight deadlines.
What do we offer?
An adventure in a company with cutting-edge technology in the field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions; The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures; Indefinite contract, flexible benefits, 25 annual leave days, flexible holiday plan, collective health insurance, pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme;
Who are we?
Founded in 1991, TomTom has grown from a Dutch-based start-up company into a leading European technology company with more than 4,700 employees worldwide. Today, our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are map-based components such as map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic and navigation software, custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics and nowadays we sell our products in over 38 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
Please click on the apply button or go to www.tomtom.com/careers
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top