Expert Software Engineer - Lebanon, NH
Expert Software Engineer – Lebanon, NH
Building resiliency into the platform for the next generation of map making technology.
Where do you want to be?
TomTom is looking for an Expert Software Engineer to join the 24/7 Monitoring and Operations team. This team is responsible for the development and delivery of services to enable our Content Production Platform to run with high availability. The team actively monitors and develops solutions to resolve and prevent problems in the platform using the latest technologies (Java 8, App Dynamics, AWS and more).
We are looking for a person that is interested in the full stack and can find problems AND fix them. You will be an engineer on a team whose primary goal is to ensure the reliability, and cost effectiveness of our production platform. In this position, you will define and drive projects to measure and improve system performance and reliability. As a member of the team you will:
- Brainstorm, implement, and develop better ways to streamline our processes
- Write and configure code to monitor and automate tools and processes
- Coordinate the diagnosis and resolution of issues with various engineering and operations teams (internally and externally)
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug issues on databases, applications, and tools
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes, and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
- Proficiency in Java, Python, CI/CD tools, scripting, and cloud computing
- 4+ years in software engineering (object oriented programming and scripting)
- Strong understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers, networking)
- In depth knowledge & experience of Linux
- Experience deploying or managing distributed Linux environments
- You want to take ownership and want to see your changes through from development to production and see their direct benefits to the business
What do we offer?
- An exciting career in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies
- A challenging and fast moving work environment
- Market rate salary & benefits
- An opportunity to work in a passionate and fast paced international team
- Great development opportunities: internal workshops, technical trainings, individual career plan
- An enthusiastic world class team and very positive work atmosphere
- An opportunity to implement your own ideas and contribute to the architecture of the solution
- An opportunity to take ownership and see your changes through from development to production and see the direct impacts to the business
- Safe, family friendly and outdoors community in the heart of New Hampshire (you can run or road/mountain bike directly from the office!)
- Opportunity to purchase a CSA from a local farm and delivered to the office weekly
- The benefits of working in a fast moving technology company without the headaches of living in a city while still working with cutting-edge technologies
- Be a part of revolutionizing the map making industry
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 35 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
If you would like to be part of this winning international team and help TomTom further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply at: www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top