Expert Software Engineer
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BE?
Are you looking for exciting and challenging projects where R&D is not only an empty slogan?
Do you want to see modern tools and techniques in use, not just read about them in books?
Are you keen to work with passionate professionals who appreciate your work and engagement, always willing to discuss your ideas?
You want to see effects of your everyday work and feel your contribution is valued?
Make it possible! Apply for the role in Content Production Platform Team that is currently looking for the best and brightest minds in software engineering. You will design and build scalable data processing systems dealing with petabytes of data for digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Skills and experience in technical leadership, ability to translate business requirements into changes of software
- Ability to analyze problems on abstract level and to decompose them into logical parts
- Expert level experience of modern object oriented language and very good practical knowledge of object oriented design principles and testing practices(OOP, SOLID principles, Design Patterns, TDD, Architecture Patterns)
- Practical experience in web services – including high availability, scalability and good performance
- Capture critical business needs and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions
- Very good communication skills allowing efficient communication in English with colleagues located on site and world wide
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity.
- Quick learner, believes in continuous learning and acts as a catalyst for building the culture within the organization
- Ability to coach and mentor people on technical topics
- Awareness and experience in working with multicultural, multi-locations team
- Increase technical knowledge and skills in own field of expertise and share knowledge with colleagues within and outside the own team
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a multinational company.
- An opportunity to work in AGILE environment – as a member of a scrum team
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Łódź, a pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when it's sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top