Expert Site Reliability Engineer
TomTom is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our Maps Content Processing (MCP) Team. MCP is responsible for the creation and accuracy of our global map content by utilizing tools created by other internal teams.
We are looking for a person who can help find problems, AND fix them! This person will regularly interface with both the tool developer and tool operators. You will be an Engineer on an Operations team whose primary goal is to ensure the reliability, and cost effectiveness of our production processes. In this position, you will define and drive projects to measure and improve system performance and reliability. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Brainstorm, implement, and document better ways to streamline our processes
- Write and configure management code to monitor and automate tools and processes
- Coordinate the diagnosis and resolution of issues with various engineering and operations teams
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, and tools
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes, and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
- Proficiency in Java, Python, CI/CD tools, and cloud computing
- 4+ years in software engineering
- Strong understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers)
- In depth knowledge & experience of Linux
- Experience deploying or managing distributed Linux environments
- The ability to drive issues to resolution through communication, collaboration, and high quality code
- Desire to learn and increase knowledge and skill set
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, to implement a shared vision of the end product.
What we offer:
- Freedom to implement your own ideas, design, and code the solution.
- An opportunity to have an impact on the future of navigation and travel.
- Ability to work with the newest technologies like AWS, Java 8, App Dynamics, and more.
- A cohesive team structure that fosters growth and development while offering a challenging and fast moving work environment.
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Let's not forget the good stuff: flexible benefits (including multisport card), private medical care, 50% product discount and bonus scheme.
Make the change possible! Apply for the role on the Map Content Processing Team that is currently looking for the best and brightest minds in engineering, who will revolutionize the way that Operations and Engineering collaborate within TomTom.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top