Expert GIS engineer
Our team achieve more. So can you.
We are looking for expert GIS engineer to Support the Maps Product Unit Visualization team to deliver great products through first-in-class technologies and processes!
Sound interesting so far?
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
- Review as-is processes and define improvements
- Analyse GIS data used to enhance the TT map database
- Create customised process designs in order to prepare the data for integration
- Collaborate with engineering teams by defining user stories, acceptance criteria and by validating tools.
- Investigate on alternative sourcing (remote sensing, public data, deep learning)
- Report to project & line management
What do we expect from you:
- Higher education level (pref Engineering, IT or geographical);
- 5+ years of working experience, with GIS data manipulation background (working with FME, QGIS, ESRI sw);
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Scripting experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of maps technical processes, software and specifications;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with internal customers from around the world, as well as with engineering;
- Being prepared to travel.
What you can expect from us:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top