'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions.
Would you like to contribute in designing and developing innovative products that help people every day to move towards their goals?
Where do you want to be?
As an Expert Software Engineer you will be working with a team of skilled, innovative and passionate engineers in creating cutting edge software solutions for creating and maintaining digital maps.
You support the team in creating breakthrough solutions, advancing agile development principles and improving engineering practices.
You are responsible for the successful creation of ground-breaking software solutions, while delivering customer value, with high quality along with continuous personal advancement.
You are asked to deliver the following:
- Understanding stakeholders' requirements and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions;
- Support development teams with expert technical guidance, predicting, identifying, assessing and solving application related issues;
- Capture critical business needs and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions
- Assist in creating and reviewing product design documents to ensure compliance with architecture standards;
- Define internal standards and solutions for own field of expertise and focus on creating cross-platform architectural solutions;
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity.
- Increase technical knowledge and skills in own field of expertise and share knowledge with colleagues within and outside the own team
- Support and lead the developers working in an agile model under your responsibility, assist engineers in solving technical problems
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity
- Build and maintain links to product owners and other product units to ensure appropriate communication paths are established and used.
- Supports product owner to identify and determine short and long term requirements for the team.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent field
- Must have 10+ years of experience with a proven track record on technologies like
- Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Flex, HTML, CSS, Oracle, PostGreSQL, or other databases
- A motivated self-starter, independent as well as a good team player.
- Experience with complex architectural designs and getting them developed / deployed
- Thorough understanding of multiple platforms, Good analytical thinking skills
- Experience with leading other designers working in a development team
- Mentor (junior) colleagues for technical questions in the own field of expertise
- Expert in software engineering methods, techniques, tools and standards
- Knowledgeable of agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, Lean, Kanban) and TDD, BDD
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people of various levels
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong sense of leadership and interpersonal skills
- Organizational awareness
What do we offer?
An adventure in the bleeding-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions; The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4800 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 37 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com/careers
TomTom India Private Limited is one of India's Best IT & IT- BPM Company to Work for - 2015. It is amongst 50 Best IT & IT-BPM companies to work for in India and amongst the Top 5 among Emerging organizations in IT & IT-BPM.
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or contact Tanushree Deshpande.
Online assessments and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top