Digital Cartographer - Navigate into the future
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest minds to join our MAPS Content Operation team.
As a member of the Content Operations Data Production Unit, Pune you are expected to deliver the following:
As a Digital Cartographer, you will be responsible to create and update high quality map database. You gain extensive understanding of the TOMTOM specification, processes and editing environment. You build competency in handling multiple map sources while standardizing your base maps. You continuously improve knowledge, skills and expertise in map specifications, editing methodology and processes. You can continuously improve the production target achieving high level of efficiency and quality. You're proactive, a great team player and above all you love your work.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind: (Roles & Responsibilities)
- Perform TomTom map database updates (create, maintain and enhance) using standard editing tools;
- Interpreting source material base data like imagery, Mobile Mapping video sessions, photographs, raster maps, field survey reports, vector maps, field survey inputs and other GIS sources to perform manual edits in line with the TomTom specification, project specification.
- Understanding and adhering to TomTom specification, Quality reference and processes, Project instruction, and Work instruction.
- Work with little supervisory guidance after the initial theoretical and practical on job training.
- Adherence to Production Targets
- Regular reporting of production hours through defined system
- Improving the content of the TomTom Maps by avoiding quality problems, database integrity, and consistency conflicts and delivering First Time Right.
- Perform corrective actions where ever deviation is observed against quality reference or database integrity.
- Continuously improving knowledge, skills and expertise on TomTom map database specification, editing tools, methods and new country geographies.
What do we offer?
- An excitement to work in the cutting-edge geo-field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top