DevOps System Engineer
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
As the DevOps and System Engineer you are managing servers in the test and production environments for our distribution platforms. This includes solving issues and liaise with Developers to ensure the services they envision are stable for real world deployment.
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
- Managing and integrating public and private cloud hosted services
- Building, maintaining and supporting software deployment pipelines
- Deployment of software in acceptance and production environments
- Service uptime, availability, security, recovery, backup and reliability engineering
- Participate in development streams / scrums and deliver infrastructure as part of the new feature requirements – as part of sprint delivery
What do we expect from you?
- Ability to integrate services powered on either public or private cloud
- Professional experience in a Continuous Delivery and Automated testing environemt
- Professional experience with configuration management tools
- Working experience with either: Redhat / Linux / CentOS / Jboss / Tomcat / RunDeck / Apache / AWS / OpenStack / puppet / Jenkins / load balancers / NFS / F5
- Knowledge of Azure / AliCloud / CloudStack / CDNs is considered a plus
- Python, bash working scripting experience (knowledge of ruby and/or PHP will be a plus).
- noSql working experience and interests in managing large sets of data (petabytes)
- Available to participate in 24x7 oncall support stream
What you can expect:
- Super complex, technologically advanced working environment. Flat organizational structure, encouraging innovation, ideas and celebrates success. An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic, navigation personal and automotive solutions;
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company;
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with; • Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued;
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly;
- Amsterdam. A pretty cool city to live and work.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top