DevOps Software Engineer
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in automated software testing within an agile Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environment. You will have technical domain expertise and a track record of delivering high quality automation solutions that deliver real value to both developers and customers alike. You will demonstrate respect for people, passion for innovation, and most importantly, know how to have fun!
As a member of the Navigation Product Unit (PU) department, you will work within a Scrum team, that develops, monitors and maintains the tools & infrastructure that constitute the Delivery Pipeline by which all other Navigation PU teams deliver their code to our customers. This sounds likes a very important team to be part of and it is! – the speed of our Delivery Pipeline is key to the efficient and fast delivery of new, high quality navigation features to the market.
What you will do?
As a member of the team, you are asked to deliver the following:
- Maintain and enhance a Python-based test automation framework; to provide fast, reliable testing on different platforms, primarily Android, Linux and iOS.
- Provide robust setup & management of automated test environments; scaled for usage by multiple development teams
- Maintain and enhance the setup of our Continuous Integration system
- Implement and promote workflows and best practices for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery processes across development teams.
- Lead initiatives to drive improvements to the test environment setup, processes and test automation framework.
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Software Engineer at TomTom. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and at least 5 years of development/Automated testing experience / or other relevant experience
- Extensive in depth knowledge and experience with Python, Linux, Android, iOS
- Experience to work with following tools and technologies would be a plus: QuickBuild, Docker, Ansible, Artifactory, Perforce, various compilers (e.g. gnu, clang, ninja), cloud environments such as AWS or OpenStack
- Good communication skills, and a solid grasp of English
- Fast learner, flexible, can independently work and make good decisions, team player, and adaptable to change
- Experience with Agile Development, requirements analysis & test design
- Good experience with Android platform testing, test automation frameworks and continuous integration systems
- Extensive knowledge of testing methods, practices, tools and test automation within an agile environment
- Understanding of the Software Development Process, Software Release Process and Product Development Life Cycle.
- If you put emphasis on quality of your work, being proud of it, doing the right thing, reducing the maintenance effort and automating as much as possible, you have the right mindset to become a member of our team
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top