Data Sales Engineer, Cloud Business Development, TomTom Maps - San Francisco Bay Area
TomTom Maps is a leading provider of global map and traffic data sourced from a community of over half a billion connected devices. We offer a platform of cloud-based products that allow customers easy access to TomTom Maps data and software components to create location-enabled applications and services. Our customer base ranges from application developers to internet-of-things companies, logistics services and fleet management experts, enterprises, system integrators, governments, and cloud services providers.
We are looking for an experienced, exceptional and results driven big data and cloud expert to build new strategic partnerships. As a key contributor to the growth of our business, you will work on a wide variety of software and data licensing opportunities with the leading cloud services providers of the world. The right person for this role has solid experience in big data collection, analysis and licensing data applications as well as software.
- Mines both structured and unstructured data to drive product centric as well as user centric insights
- Drives and architectures value creation based on TomTom Maps data and underlying probes
- Solves technical and complex data related problems on multiple projects, and provides consultative support to customers and internal stakeholders
- Interacts with customers to formulate and define deal scope and deliverables
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups (sales, marketing, product management, engineering) to develop product offerings, product roadmaps, propositions, and customer proposals
- Conducts data modeling, configuration, specification development, demonstration, testing, and documentation
- Possesses the technical domain expertise in IoT, AI, ML, big data, analytics and cloud services
To be successful as a Data Sales Engineer, Cloud Business Development you have:
- University degree in engineering, with preference to computer science, computer engineering or IT-related degrees
- 7+ years of experience in sales engineering, data analytics or enterprise software sales/business development
- Experience in applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts as well as recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Understanding of data application and software development
- Experience working in diverse teams across locations in the development of big data applications
- Track record of building technical relationships on all levels with sales, product management and engineering
- Understanding of the principals and architecture of various technologies to mine big data is required
- Record of building strong customer relationships
- Excellent communication, presentation and consultative selling skills
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work for a leading location technology company with a world-class brand and products in an industry that is growing with extremely fast pace
- Be the driving force for securing new and strategic business for TomTom Maps within the cloud domain
- Competitive salary, a bonus scheme, PTO days, company holidays and additional days off to perform community service annually
- Comprehensive healthcare and 401k
- Office snacks and drinks, team outings, and happy hours!
Who are we?
TomTom (TOM2) is transforming mobility. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Our mission is to make maps so easy to use that everyone can benefit from them.
TomTom Maps offers a platform of cloud-based products that allow customers an easy access to the freshest maps and most up-to-date traffic data as well as software components to create location-enabled applications and services.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,600 employees worldwide and sell our products globally.
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers and submit your resume directly.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top